Think About It
When you decide to become sexually involved with your girlfriend you need to think through the issues. Did you realize that condoms and other birth control methods do not guarantee that your girlfriend will not become pregnant? As a matter of fact, over a million young women in this country face unplanned pregnancies each year.
Seriously, as a guy,
how would you answer these 7 questions?
Ladies feel free to ask him these questions especially when things begin to get physical. His answers may surprise you!
There are some serious questions a responsible man needs to ask himself, because if you are going to become sexually active, the fact is you may get a girl pregnant.
1) If your girlfriend were to become pregnant would you leave her? (unfortunately, many boyfriends do)
2) Are you ready to support a child with your time, energy and money?
3) Will you go with your girlfriend to tell her parents the news? (most guys won’t)
4) Are you willing to marry her and give your child a legitimate family?
5) Would you be willing to release your child for an adoption?
6) Will you put pressure on her to have an abortion?
(The majority of boyfriends will)
7) Are you willing to learn about abortion risks and procedures so that you can know ahead of time about all possible complications and risks. The abortion procedure is generally over quickly but it is very important that all body parts are accounted for. Complications can occur.
If you are not ready to be a father and commit yourself in marriage to one woman, you should wait to have sex. The pain you can cause to your child and a woman are very real, it happens everyday. Be responsible for your actions and exercise your self-control.
The Ventura County Pregnancy Center is here for boyfriends.
If you are serious about your relationship and desire to be there for your girlfriend, give us a call at (805) 648-3301. There are trained peer-counselors that would love to speak with you and help you understand all of your options. All conversations are completely confidential.