Friday, August 25th
24 hr Prayer Vigil
NIFLA is sponsoring a 24 hour-a-day national prayer vigil for the California AB775 case and the SCOTUS conference on September 25 to consider hearing the case. The prayer vigil will be from August 1 through September 25.
VCPC has signed up to pray for a 24 hour period on Friday, August 25. Staff, Board members and volunteers will be committing... please join us.
Sign Up Today
To Pray Friday, August 25th
Verses for August 25th
Items to pray for during your intercession:
1) Pray that at least four Supreme Court justices will vote in favor of accepting NIFLA's appeal at the September 25th conference.
2) Pray for each Supreme Court justice by name:
- John Roberts, Chief Justice, appointed to the high court by President George W. Bush
- Anthony Kennedy, Associate Justice, appointed by President Ronald Reagan
- Clarence Thomas, Associate Justice, appointed by President George H.W. Bush
- Ruth Bader Ginsburg, Associate Justice, appointed by President Bill Clinton
- Stephen Breyer, Associate Justice, appointed by President Bill Clinton
- Samuel Alito, Associate Justice, appointed by President George W. Bush
- Sonya Sotomayer, Associate Justice, appointed by President Barrack Obama
- Elena Kagan, Associate Justice, appointed by President Barrack Obama
- Neil Gorsuch, Associate Justice, appointed by President Donald Trump
Pray that each Justice will see clearly the serious issues in this matter and will rule in favor of the prolife pregnancy resource and medical clinics in California.
3) Pray for each of NIFLA's California members by name. (To find the names of these members, click HERE.) Pray that they will remain strong during this season of attack, will stand boldly against the anti-life forces that intend to bring them down, and will be supported by their communities as they stand firm.
4) Pray for the legal team from the Alliance Defending Freedom (ADF) that is representing NIFLA — Attorneys Kevin Theriot, Ellisa Graves, Ken Connelly, and ADF president Michael Farris. Pray that the arguments and case being prepared for the Supreme Court of the United States (SCOTUS) will be persuasive and prevail.
5) Pray for NIFLA's attorneys, Anne O' Connor and Thomas Glessner, who are part of the legal team representing the NIFLA California network.
6) Pray for the financial health of both NIFLA and ADF that they will remain strong financially to enable them to continue this fight for life across the nation.
7) Pray for the prolife pregnancy centers in the states of Hawaii and Illinois, who are also under vicious legal attack in a similar fashion and that the litigation filed by NIFLA and ADF in federal court against these states will also prevail.
8) Pray for the continuing battle against abortion nationwide and for the appointments to justices on the SCOTUS who will vote to overturn Roe v. Wade.